- Stage 1 – January 1, 2022: Prohibition of the commercial importation of mobile devices that support only 2G and 3G technologies.
- Stage 2 – January 1, 2023: Ceasing the connection of new mobile devices to the networks that support only 2G and 3G technologies. Operators will be required to provide 2G and 3G service to existing subscribers up to the time that the networks will shut down.
- Stage 3 – December 31, 2025: Shutdown of 2G and 3G networks.
- 高度必須為 3 毫米
- The trademark will be highlighted on packaging, warranty forms, instruction manual and leaflets, websites and equipment or devices.
- Electronic labeling is recommended when the product has a built-in display.
- Must be of 3mm height
- All equipment must comply with the requirement of CITC specification GEN001, be safe and must not adversely affect other electrical equipment.
- All telecommunications and radio terminal equipment must comply with the relevant technical specifications established by CITC. In addition, such equipment may be subject to regulations for Declaration of Conformity or registration. Additional details are available at www.citc.gov.sa.
- If more than one interface type is offered by a piece of equipment, each interface must meet the applicable technical specifications.
- Further information on the characteristics and presentation of network interfaces can be obtained by coordinating with the mobile network operators.
- It is mandatory that test reports are obtained from a laboratory that has been accredited by a body that is a member of the ILAC Mutual Recognition Arrangement.
- commercial freezers and conservators with glass door and glass lid and blind door;
- refrigerators and similar appliances with glass doors;
- refrigerators and similar appliances with absorption and solar system.
- Clothes dryers
- Casement and window air-conditioners
- Split-type air-conditioners
- Household gas heating appliances;
- Household gas cooking appliances;
- Portable and camping gas cookers, household gas lamps;
- Gas stoves and gas cylinders;
- Industrial gas burners for special purposes;
- Infrared gas burners and gas burners for household appliances.
- Junction Box
- Control Box
- Linear lighting
- Plugs and Sockets
- Gas Detectors and Gas Detection Systems
資訊 / 電信 ITE / Telecom
7月30日，ANATEL發佈了與ANATEL品牌符合性聲明 (DoC) 指南相關的第5205號法案。 DoC 程序類似常規認證模式，但申請人 (當地代表) 可以直接向 ANATEL 申請該程序，而無需使用一個 OCD (OCD 在此模式下是可選的)。
帶有 ANATEL 品牌的 DoC 僅適用於法案 7280 規定的幾種類型的設備，例如：光纖連接器、同軸電纜連接器、xDSL 濾波器 – 開關分路器、空中光纖終端盒、地下光纖終端盒、住宅社區與小型商業建築的地下光纖終端盒等。
ANATEL – Act nº 5205 – Declaration of Conformity with ANATEL Brand
On July 30, ANATEL published the Act 5205 related to guideline of Declaration of Conformity (DoC) with ANATEL Brand (see English version annex). The DoC procedure looks pretty much like the regular certification mode, but the applicant (local rep) can apply the procedure directly with ANATEL without requiring the use of one OCD (OCD is optional in this mode).
The requirements are basically the same (representative letter, manual, internal and external pictures, Factory ISO and testing report (overseas ILAC testing report is acceptable) and the CoC will be replaced by a DoC declaration. Applicant will submit the files to ANATEL.
The DoC with ANATEL Brand is applicable only for a few types of equipment according to Act 7280, such as: Fiber Optic Connector, Connector for Coaxial Cable, xDSL Filter – Switch Splitter, Aerial Optical Terminal Box, Underground Optical Terminal Box, Underground Optical Terminal Box for Residential Areas and Small Commercial Buildings, etc.
This procedure does not have certificate renewal, i.e., the certificate is valid for lifetime.
Below is the Act 5205 official link:
6月21日，巴西國家電信管理局 (ANATEL) 發佈了第 4521 號法案《進口電信產品操作程式》。
1. 第 4521 號法案強制要求在進口過程之前頒發認證證書 (CoH)
2. 電信/射頻產品的進口必須由認證證書 (CoH) 的申請人或 CoH 申請人授權的進口商完成
4. 對於樣品將運往巴西進行測試 (為了獲得 ANATEL 批准) 的情況，海關可能會要求進口商與巴西認證機構 (OCD) 或實驗室之間簽訂合約
5. 對於打算運往巴西進行展示或其他特定條件 (非商業化或自用) 的設備，進口商必須從 ANATEL 獲得臨時許可證
ANATEL publishes Act 4521 Operating Procedure for Importing Telecommunication Products
On June 21, the authority Agência Nacional de Telecomunicações (ANATEL) in Brazil published the Act 4521 Operating Procedure for Importing Telecommunication Products.
Here is a summary on this important new Act which reaffirms some things that we already knew but now in formal writing:
1. Act 4521 ratifies mandatory to have the Certificate of Homologation (CoH) issued prior to the importation process.
2. The importation of telecommunication/RF products must be done by the applicant of the Certificate of Homologation (CoH) or by an importer authorized by the applicant of the CoH.
3. Before the telecommunication/RF product is imported, it must have the ANATEL label (except for some situations like batteries/power supplies used with cell phones, where the regulatory label is bought locally and it is OK to apply the label after the units arrive in the country).
4. For the situations where samples will be shipped to Brazil for testing purposes (in order to obtain ANATEL approval), customs may require a contract between the importer and the Brazil Certification Body (OCD) or Lab. We have not seen customs asking for this for any of our shipments, but if this happens we can provide the quote from some Certification Bodies in Brazil (OCD) that we usually cooperate with and also provide the proper explanations.
5. For devices meant to be shipped to Brazil for demonstration or other specific conditions (not commercialization or own use), the importer must to obtain a temporary license from ANATEL.
In summary, nothing really changes in our day-to-day routine, we can continue shipping samples through Courier (DHL, FEDEX, UPS). We just need to keep paying attention to the Courier Rules enforced by customs in Brazil in order to avoid getting a Yellow or Red light at customs.
2021 年 6 月 27 日，以色列通信部 (MoC) 宣佈計畫在 2025 年底前關閉 2G 和 3G 網路。
• 第 1 階段 – 2022 年 1 月 1 日：禁止商業進口僅支持 2G 和 3G 技術的移動設備。
• 第 2 階段 – 2023 年 1 月 1 日：停止將新移動設備連接到僅支援 2G 和 3G 技術的網路。 在網路關閉之前，運營商將需要向現有使用者提供 2G 和 3G 服務。
• 第 3 階段 – 2025 年 12 月 31 日：關閉 2G 和 3G 網路。
MoC will Shut Down 2G&3G Networks by 2025
On June 27, 2021, the Ministry of Communications (MoC) of Israel announced their plans to shut down 2G and 3G networks by the end of 2025.
The timeline is as follows:
SIRIM QAS發佈了MCMC MTSFB TC T014: 2017和MCMC MTSFB TC T013: 2019，分別規定了數碼地面電視 (DTT) 使用的有源室內天線和涉及互聯網第6版 (IPv6) 產品的符合性認證要求。
SIRIM QAS international has implemented the certification for Active Indoor Antenna for Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) and Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) in according to MCMC MTSFB TC T014:2017 and MCMC MTSFB TC T013:2019 respectively.
Therefore, the importation of the above products into the country shall subject to compliance approval or special approval.
With the above requirements, please be informed that the IT/Networking Module in eComM has been updated with a new module as to ensure application for IT/Networking are fulfils with the new requirements.
Effective 1st August 2021 , Application for IT/Networking shall be processed as follows :
IT/ Networking application submitted before 1st Aug 2021 (Use Old IT/Networking Module)
a) Approved application will be issued with a validity period until 31st July 2021.
b) Certificate of Approval (CoA) application is allowed until 31st July 2021, however application submitted after 31st July 2021 will be rejected by the system.
IT/ Networking application submitted from 1st August 2021 and onwards (Use New IT/Networking Module)
a) Approved application will be issued with a validity period of one (1) year from the date of File Number is generated.
b) Certificate of Approval (CoA) application is allowed within the validity period, however application submitted after end of validity period will be rejected by the system
2021 年 6 月 23 日，薩摩亞監管機構管理局 (OOTR) 發佈了“監管機構令第 2021/T02 號”。
OOTR New Labeling Requirements for Telecommunication Equipment
On 23rd June 2021, the authority Office of the Regulator (OOTR) in Samoa published the “Order of the Regulator No. 2021/T02″.
With this announcement manufacturers and importers are required to label telecommunications equipment with the Samoa compliance mark upon receiving a Type Approval Certificate:
Saudi Arabia 沙烏地阿拉伯
沙烏地阿拉伯通信和訊息技術委員會 (CITC) 發佈技術規範，適用於使用GSM，UMTS，LTE，LTE-M NB-IOT和5G NR技術的IMT使用者設備，手機和相關設備。該技術規範於2021年7月20日生效。
IMT User Equipment, Technical Specification RI120
The Saudi Arabia Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) issued this technical specification which applies to IMT user equipment, handsets and related equipment that uses GSM, UMTS, LTE, LTE-M NB-IoT, and 5G NR technologies.
This technical specification entered into force on 20 July 2021. Document RI056 Specification for UMTS (3G) and LTE (4G) Handsets and Mobile Equipment has been merged into this IMT User Equipment technical specification
South Korea 韓國
2021 年 8 月 10 日，韓國貿易、工業和能源部 (MOTIE) 發佈能效標籤和標準法規的修正案草案: 2021-601，主要從需要降低待機功率的產品中刪除電腦和顯示器，上述產品將被指定為效率管理產品並進行管理。有意者可於 2021 年 8 月 31 日前提交意見。
South Korea: Regulation on Energy Efficiency Labeling and Standards, MKE Notice No. 1992-71 – Proposed Amendment – (on designation of computers and monitors as products subject to efficiency management) Draft Notice No. 2021-601
On 10 August 2021, the South Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) issued a draft amendment to the Regulation on Energy Efficiency Labelling and Standards.
The draft was issued to change computers and monitors from Products Subject to Reduction of Standby Power to Subject to Efficiency Management, since power consumption management with regard to the operation mode for the products is required.
Applicable computer products include desktop computers, desktop computers with integrated monitor, and notebook computers. Within the scope are also the monitors with a diagonal screen length of 153 cm or less for the visible screen. Details on the applicable products and measurement methods, including the calculating formula of MEPS, are provided in Annex 1.
Computers must bear labels indicating compliance with MEPS, and monitors must indicate On-mode power consumption and compliance with MEPS. Labels may be attached to the front or side or back of the computers, and the front or back of the monitors.
According to the amendment, printers would be regulated as efficiency management products in 2026, while the energy efficiency of faxes would be managed in 2030.
Interested parties may submit their comments to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 August, 2021.
家用電器 House Appliances
2021年8月2日，巴西國家計量研究所，標準化和工業品質（INMETRO / CONEDRO）採用第332號協定，批准冰箱和類似設備的合格評估要求。 該協議將於2021年9月1日生效，並將廢除第577/2015號協議。
Approving Conformity Assessment Requirements for Refrigerators and Similar Appliances, Portaria No. 332, 2021
On 2 August 2021, the Brazil National Institute of Metrology, Standardisation and Industrial Quality (INMETRO/CONMETRO) adopted Portaria No. 332 approving the conformity assessment requirements for refrigerators and similar appliances.
The Portaria applies to refrigerators and similar appliances with a compression system and thermoelectric, with blind door, including minibars, refrigerators, refrigerators and freezers, freezers and conservators, with one or more doors, with manual defrost (cycle defrost), automatic (frost-free) or semi-automatic, powered by electric network at 127 V or 220 V, 60 Hz.
It does not apply to:
Refrigerators and similar appliances for commercial and industrial use must be marked on the packaging and product with the words “Commercial” or “Industrial”.
This Portaria will enter into force on 1 September 2021 and will repeal Portaria No. 577/2015.
NMETRO 更新並重新發佈了風扇和空氣循環機合格評定和標籤的技術安全和能效要求，這些要求適用於壁掛式和立式電風扇和空氣循環機或類似的家用家用電器。 該協議 於 2021 年 8 月 2 日生效。
INMETRO has updated and reissued the technical safety and energy efficiency requirements for conformity assessment and labelling of fans and air circulators. The requirements apply to wall-mounted and table pedestal electrical fans and air circulators or similar appliances marketed for domestic use.
Fans and air circulators may only be imported and, or placed on the national market if their conformity has been certified in accordance with the technical requirements. After certification, the products shall be registered with INMETRO in order to receive approval to use the Compliance Identification Mark. The products shall be supplied with instruction manuals. The Conformity Identification Mark shall be affixed to the appliance and the National Energy Conservation Label (ENCE) shall be displayed in a clearly visible manner at the point of sale.
This Portaria came into force on August 2, 2021.
燈具 / LED Luminaiaries/LED
South Korea 韓國
2021年8月11日，國家技術標準研究院發佈公告第2021-0232號，據《電器及家用電器安全管理法》第五條第 (三) 項和第十五條第 (三) 項規定的電器安全標準，現修改公佈如下。
– K 10021：直管型 LED 燈（轉換器外置型）燈具安全要求
– KC 60400 : 螢光燈支架和啟動器支架
– KC 60598-2-1: 固定燈具的特殊要求
– KC 60598-2-2: 嵌入式燈具的特殊要求
– KC 60598-2-4: 可擕式燈具的特殊要求
– KC 605982-5: 泛光燈的個別要求
– KC 60598-2-8: 手電筒的個別要求
– KC 60598-2-20: 煉式燈具的個別要求
ㅇ (K 10021) 性能要求 ( K 62384) 刪除
ㅇ (KC 60400) 術語變更（燈接觸→ 燈連接器
ㅇ（KC 60598-2 部分） 將參考標準從KS 標準更改為KC 安全標準
Revision notice of electrical appliance safety standards (8 types)
National Institute of Technology and Standards Notice No. 2021-0232
The electrical appliance safety standards in accordance with Article 5 (3) and 15 (3) of the “Electrical Appliances and Household Appliances Safety Management Act” are revised and announced as follows.
Purpose: Change/deletion of terms and phrases of safety standards for electrical appliances.
1) Target electrical appliance safety standards
– K 10021: Safety requirements for luminaires for straight-pipe LED lamps (converter external type)
– KC 60400: Fluorescent lamps Holder and starter holder
– KC 60598-2-1: Particular requirements for fixed luminaires
– KC 60598-2-2: Particular requirements for recessed luminaires
– KC 60598-2-4: Particular requirements for portable luminaires
– KC 60598-2-5: Individual requirements for floodlights
– KC 60598-2-8: Individual requirements for handlamps
– KC 60598-2-20: Individual requirements for lighting chains
2) Major enactments and revisions
ㅇ (K 10021) Performance requirement (K 62384) deleted
ㅇ (KC 60400) Terminology change (Lamp contact → Lamp connector)
ㅇ (KC 60598-2 part) Changed reference standard from KS standard to KC safety standard
能源效率要求 Energy Efficiency Requirements
2021 年 7 月 21 日，墨西哥國家能效委員會 (CONUEE) 發佈了關於電動機能效要求的標準 NOM-033-ENER-2019。 該標準規定了能效的最低值、測試方法、銘牌標記以及對風冷(交流)電動機的評估流程。本標準適用於進口到墨西哥境內、在墨西哥境內製造或銷售的上述電機產品。產品只有在認可實驗室進行並通過測試，墨西哥能效委員才會簽發符合性證書。本標準自2021年11月18日起施行。
Energy Efficiency Requirements for Air-Cooled AC Electric Motors with a Nominal Power of 1 W to 180 W, Standard NOM-033-ENER-2019
On 21 July 2021, the Mexican National Commission for Energy Efficiency (CONUEE) published Standard NOM-033-ENER-2019 on energy efficiency requirements of electric motors.
The standard establishes the minimum values of energy efficiency, the test method, the marking and the procedure to assess conformity of air-cooled alternating current (AC) electric motors, with nominal electrical voltage up to 240 V, nominal power equal or greater than 1 W and less than 180 W; 2, 4 and 6 pole, squirrel cage induction; as well as those that are electronically switched, which are imported, manufactured or marketed within the national territory.
Products will only receive a certificate of conformity once they have met testing requirements from an accredited testing laboratory.
This Standard will come into force on 18 November 2021.
新加坡國家環境局 (NEA) 於 2021 年 6 月 8 日通知修訂最低能效標準 (MEPS) 以及四種電器類型的強制性能源標籤計畫 (MELS)：
新的 MEPS 要求將從 2022 年 1 月 1 日起生效。
Singapore Revises Minimum Energy Performance Standards for Some Categories of Products
The National Environment Agency’s (NEA) of Singapore informed on the revision of Minimum Energy Performance Standards (MEPS) as well as The Mandatory Energy Labelling Scheme (MELS) for four appliance types on June 8, 2021. The NEA has risen the energy efficiency requirements to:
It was done to help household appliances become more energy efficient that allows for reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions in the household sector.
The new MEPS requirements will become effective from January 1, 2022.
South Korea 韓國
2021 年 8 月 6 日，韓國貿易、工業和能源部 (MOTIE) 發佈了能效標籤和標準法規的修正案草案，預計改變洗衣機、泡菜冰箱和電冷暖氣設備的能效標準。一旦獲批，泡菜冰箱和洗衣機能效標準的修改將於2022年7月1日生效；電空調/加熱器能效標準的擬議修改將於2022年10月1日生效。
South Korea to change energy efficiency standards for washing machines, Kimchi refrigerators and electric cooling and heating equipment
On 6 August 2021, the South Korean Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE) issued a draft amendment to the Regulation on Energy Efficiency Labelling and Standards, also known as the South Korean Standby Regulation or Energy Efficiency Management of Operational Equipment Regulation.
The draft amendment proposes to raise the energy efficiency standards of certain equipment subject to efficiency management and to establish mid-long term target consumption efficiency for those products.
The key changes of the draft include:
oincrease in efficiency grade and MEPS;
oaddition of energy efficiency target for years of 2025 and 2028 by products type;
oimprovement of efficiency grade and MEPS;
oaddition of energy efficiency target for years of 2025 and 2028 by general washing machines and drum washing machines;
ochanges items to be indicated on the energy grade label from “power consumption per kg” to “power consumption for one washing”, and from “water consumption per 1 kg of washing” to “water consumption per washing”;
Electric air conditioners/heaters:
oincrease in efficiency grade and MEPS;
oaddition of energy efficiency target for years of 2025 and 2028 by products type;
oseparate indication of cooling and heating efficiency on energy grade label etc.
The proposal relaxes existing labelling requirements to allow certain items such as electric refrigerators and kimchi refrigerators to bear the efficiency rating label on the side of the product (and not on the front of the apparatus as currently required).
Once approved, the changes made to the energy efficiency standards for kimchi refrigerators and washing machines will become effective on July 1, 2022. The proposed amendments to energy efficiency standards for electric air conditioners/heaters are scheduled to enter into force on October 1, 2022.
Interested parties have to submit their comments until 27 August 2021 to the following email address: email@example.com
其他 / 多主題產品 Others / Products with Multiple Subjects
2021年7月16日，巴西國家計量研究所，標準化和工業品質（InMETRO / CONEDRO）發佈了第310號協定，批准聲音設備和類似產品的技術規則。該協議於2021年8月2日生效。
Approving Technical Regulation on Sound Power of Sound Equipment and Similar, Portaria No. 310, 2021
On 16 July 2021, the Brazil National Institute of Metrology, Standardization and Industrial Quality (INMETRO/CONMETRO) published Portaria No. 310 which approves the Technical Regulation on Sound Power of Sound Equipment and Similar.
This Portaria applies to sound equipment and similar which have information on sound power.
According to Article 4, the sound power of stereos and similar devices available on the domestic market must be expressed in watts RMS (Root Mean Square). It is prohibited to provide sound power information in watts PMPO (Peak Music Power Output) or any other form.
Suppliers of these products must comply with the determinations of this Portaria and will be subject to market surveillance actions carried out by the competent authority. Thus, as per Article 7, when requested, they shall provide the required information within a maximum period of 15 days.
This Portaria entered into force on 2 August 2021.
EAEU: Approving the List of Voluntary Standards on Safety of Appliances Burning Gaseous Fuels, Decision No. 86, 2021
On 13 July 2021, the Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC) issued Decision No. 86, 2021 approving the updated list of voluntary international and regional (interstate) standards, and in their absence national (state) standards, which may be used to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Technical Regulations on the
Safety of Appliances Burning Gaseous Fuels (ТR CU 016/2011), as approved by Decision No. 875, 2011.
These standards, which for most of them are based on regional standards (EN), establish uniform principles and testing methods for assessing the conformity of appliances and devices burning gaseous fuels. The standards apply to a number of appliances and fittings including among others:
The list of approved standards includes 125 standards, including 65 interstate standards, 14 state standards of the Republic of Belarus, 1 national standard of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as 45 national standards of the Russian Federation. The list of standards containing methods of research (tests) and measurements consists of 122 standards, including 63 interstate standards, 15 state standards of the Republic of Belarus and 44 national standards of the Russian Federation.
This Decision is scheduled to enter into force on 12 January 2022.
MNRE again extended the self-certification for SPV inverters from 30/06/2021 to 31/12/2021 and SPV inverters can be imported based on valid IEC certificates.
For further details, please refer to the attachment.
2021 年 7 月 9 日，秘魯技術標準機構 INACAL 通過第 014-2021-INACAL/DN 號決議批准了關於燈具、家用電器、彈性層壓容器和其他事項的修訂技術標準清單。根據秘魯法律，該決議於 2021 年 7 月 10 日公佈後的第二天生效。
On 09 July 2021, the Peruvian technical standards body INACAL through Resolution No. 014-2021-INACAL/DN approved a list of revised technical standards on luminaries, household electrical appliances, flexible laminated containers and other matters.
The Resolution entered into force the day following publication, 10 July 2021, according to the rule of Peruvian law.
2021年7月26日，秘魯技術標準機構INACAL通過第017-2021-INACAL / DN決議批准了關於真空吸塵器和吸水清潔設備、複合式分離式空調和空氣對空氣熱泵、電氣裝置的開關等的修訂技術標準清單。根據秘魯法律，該決議於 2021 年 7 月 27 日公佈後的第二天生效。
On 26 July 2021, the Peruvian technical standards body INACAL through Resolution No. 017-2021-INACAL/DN approved a list of revised technical standards on vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances, multiple split-system air conditioners and air-to-air heat pumps, switches for electrical installations and others.
The Resolution entered into force the day following publication, 27 July 2021, according to the rule of Peruvian law.
Saudi Arabia 沙烏地阿拉伯
沙特標準、計量和品質組織 (SASO) 在其官方網站上發佈了最新更新，將原本預計在2021年9月1日實施的SASO IECEE 認可證書 (簡稱SIRC證書) 第二階段新增產品推遲至 2021 年 11月 1 日。
SASO issued a new date for the IECEE Recognition Certificate for Stage 2 products
The Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) published a recent update on their official website changing the date of obtaining the mandatory IECEE national recognition certificate for Stage 2 products to 1 November 2021.
Stage 2 products:
AC Circuit breakers :
AC/DC Circuit breakers :
DC circuit Breakers :
Main Current circuit breaker
Mobile charging cables
Saudi Arabia 沙烏地阿拉伯
2021 年 8 月 5 日，沙特標準、計量和品質組織 (SASO) 通知 WTO，將從 2021 年 11 月 1 日起擴大 IECEx 計畫內的電氣設備範圍。對本 WTO 通知發表意見的最終日期是 2021 年 10 月 4 日，即通知發出之日起 60 天。
SASO Notifies the WTO of expanding the electrical equipment coverage within the IECEx scheme
On 5 August 2021, the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organization (SASO) notified the WTO of expanding the electrical equipment coverage within the IECex scheme to include the following products to be used in explosive atmospheres from 1 November 2021:
The final date for comments on this WTO notification is 4 October 2021, 60 days from the date of the notification.
新加坡CPSO發佈 CPSO-120721-00通告，關於受《消費者保護 (安全要求) 條例》(“CPSR”) 監管的高風險受控商品安全標準的變化。CPSO 通知，為了根據 CPSR 進行測試和認證註冊，高風險受控貨物所需的安全標準將更新，自 2022 年 7 月 13 日起生效。
Update to High-Risk Controlled Goods Test Standards
This circular is to inform Registered Suppliers and Conformity Assessment Bodies on the changes in safety standards for the high-risk Controlled Goods, regulated under the Consumer Protection (Safety Requirements) Regulations (‘CPSR’).
1. Under the CPSR, 33 categories of household electrical, electronics and gas appliances and accessories are classified as Controlled Goods. Controlled Goods are required to be tested and certified to specified safety standards, registered with the Consumer Product Safety Office1 (‘CPSO’), and affixed with the Safety Mark before they can be supplied in Singapore. More information about the CPSR is available at:
2. The CPSO wishes to inform you that, for the purpose of testing and certification for registration under the CPSR, the required safety standards for the high-risk Controlled Goods will be updated as set out with effect from 13th July 2022:
Category of Controlled Goods
Minimum Edition of Safety Standard
Gas cooking appliances (gas cooker)
EN 30-1-1:2008 + A3:2013 or AS 5263.1.1:2020
Gas cooking appliances (glass-ceramic gas hob with enclosed covered burner)
EN 30-1-3:2003 + A1:2006
Gas cooking appliances (gas cooker with automatic burner control system)
Mains socket-outlets (3-pin 13-amp type)
Mains socket-outlets (3-pin 13-amp type for cooker control unit)
BS 4177:1992 + A1:1993 + A2:1997 + A3:2004 + A4:2007
Mains socket-outlets (3-pin 13-amp type with RCD)
Mains socket-outlets (3-pin round type 15-amp)
SS 472:1999 + A1:2020
Water heaters (instantaneous electric type)
IEC 60335-2-35:2012 + A1:2016 + A2:2020
Water heaters (mains pressure electric storage type)
IEC 60335-2-21:2012 + A1:2018
3. RS are to note that from 13th July 2022 (inclusive) onwards, the above Controlled Goods which are tested to editions of their applicable Safety Standards that are older than what is listed above, will not be accepted for new registrations or renewal of existing registrations.
4. CABs that are designated by the CPSO under the CPS scheme can proceed to test/ certify these Controlled Goods with immediate effect if all the following conditions are met:
a. The CAB’s designation is valid, and
b. The CAB is designated to test/ certify the category of Controlled Goods, and
c. The CAB is accredited by the Singapore Accreditation Council (‘SAC’) or other National Accreditation Bodies to test/ certify these Controlled Goods to the updated safety standards
5. Test laboratories that are not designated by the CPSO under the CPS scheme can also test these Controlled Goods with immediate effect if any the following conditions are met:
a. The laboratory is recognized under the IECEE CB scheme to the updated safety standards, or
b. The laboratory is accredited by the SAC or its Mutual Recognition Arrangement partners to test these Controlled Goods to the updated safety standards