- All products that previously required renewal every 1 year, now the renewal will be every 2 years, such as ONTs, WWAN devices, Mobile phones, batteries and chargers for mobile phones, IP phones, and many others. There will be no more renewal every 1 year;
- ANATEL will require ISO Certificate (with sworn-in translation if in English) for all Certifications, except for those products whose Conformity Assessment Mode is “Conformity Declaration”;
- ANATEL will accept testing report done abroad for some type of devices, such as OLT, Data Network Equipment (Switch) installed in corporative/industrial environment, Digital Multiplex, and many others. The foreigner laboratory must be accredited by one ILAC member. For more details, look into the Act for products with the notes: “Note 1”, “Note 3”, “Note 7” or “Note 8”.
- Some type of products previously not required any renewal, now they will need renewal every 3 years, such as, OLT, Data Network Equipment (Switch) installed in corporative/ industrial environment, Multiplexer, Coaxial cables, some types of Optical cables, and many others.
- The inclusion of 5G bands: n77, n78 , n257 , n258 and n261
- New EMC Standards requirement CISPR35
- The addition of safety requirement EN 62368-1
- Randomised and unique login credentials for each RG device
- Minimum password strength
- Disabling of system services and interfaces that are assessed to be vulnerable
- Automatic download of firmware updates for security patches by default
- Access to RG’s management interface to be securely authenticated
- Data inputs to the RG device shall be validated to protect against remote hacking
- Two Type Approval processes have been introduced:
- Standard, applicable to products without prior type approval. At least 1 sample will be required to support the application.
- Simplified, for products with prior TRC type approval.
- Labelling Requirements will be mandatory for all equipment approved by TRC.
- 4-year validity period for all approval certificates.
- Equipment exempt from approval:
- Short range infrared remote control equipment including TV remote controls, garage door opener.
- RF Equipment embedded in Desktop Computers and Laptops that use short-range radio technologies such as WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Transmitters with output power below 50mW.
- RF Equipment installed in a vehicle as part of it such as car navigation units, remote car keys that use short range technologies such as WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Will impact all the products which have Wi-Fi or Zigbee (Laptop, tablet, mobile phone, access point, Wi-Fi router, other devices having Wi-Fi connection, smarthome Zigbee products, etc.)
- All test reports according to the former version QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT shall not be accepted for type approval certification. Devices will need to re-test according to 2020 version.
- QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT will not only replace QCVN 54:2011/ BTTTT but also replaces QCVN 47:2015/BTTTT for WIFI products having Tx power over 100mW EIRP but equal or less than 200mW EIRP (such as Access Points)
- Will impact SRD operated in 1GHz – 40GHz bands like 2.4GHz RFID / SRD, 24 GHz radar (RFID, SRD radar detector)
- SRD for non-specific application using 5725 ~ 5850 MHz bands will fall within the scope of these regulations. Meanwhile 5725 ~ 5850 MHz Wi-Fi products shall still be under scope of the QCVN 65.
- Will impact LoRa / LPWAN products
- This regulation does not apply to LPWAN products using IMT licensed frequencies bands
- The frequency allowed is only 920-923 MHz
- All test reports according to version QCVN 54:2011/BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT shall not be accepted for type approval certification. Customers need to re-test according to the 2020 version.
- All Type Approval certificates which list QCVN 54:2011/ BTTTT or QCVN 74:2013/BTTTT need to be renewed or add- in QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT / QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT to maintain validity for importation.
RoHS / REACH
Recently SASO published the draft technical regulation for ROHS and as per World Trade Organization the proposed date to be officially published will be January 7th, 2021 which means that enforcement of the TR will be in July, 2021.
NOTE: As long as the Technical regulation does not published in official Gazette, those dates are only suggested and can be varied.
TÜV Rheinland Accreditation
TÜV Rheinland Hong Kong is now the authorized lab for China CCC testing.
Currently the test scope covers below products:
燈 具 / LED
Luminaires / LED
泰國工業部發布鎢絲白熾燈的強制性安規要求: TIS 4 Part 1-2558 (2015)。該標準自2021年1月10日起強制實施。
Ministerial Regulation, B.E. 2563, 2020 was published by the Thai Ministry of Industry on 14 July 2020, under the authority of the Industrial Product Standards Act, regarding Mandatory Safety Requirements for Tungsten Incandescent Lamps.
The Regulation requires that all tungsten incandescent lamps meet Thai Industrial Standard TIS 4 Part 1- 2558 (2015) specifying the safety specification of the said products, and approved in accordance with the Announcement No. 5507 of the Ministry of Industry dated 30 September 2019.
The standard will be of mandatory application with effect from 10 January 2021.
資訊 / 電信
ITE / Telecom
ANATEL published new Act 7280. This act approves the updating of the Reference List of Products for Telecommunications and replaces the Act No. 2222, of April 20th, 2020. This new Act will become in force after 180 days of its publication (in force after June 1st, 2021).
Below are the main changes:
COVID-19 ANATEL Streamlined renewal process postponed until June 30th, 2021 ANATEL published today the Official letter nº 646/2020 (see annex). Due to the remaining impact of COVID-19, ANATEL decided to extend the Streamlined renewal process defined in the Letters nº 134/20, 194/20 and 384/20 and now all
Certificates with expiration date between March 6th, 2020 and June 30th, 2021, are exempt of doing renewal testing and providing new external/internal photos as long as the device had not suffered any modification.
TEC – MTCTE ILAC report acceptance.
TEC has extended the acceptance of ILAC reports up to 30.06.2021 for Technical parameters and except Safety, EMC/ EMI essential requirements.
印度發佈低電壓開關設備和控制設備的《電器設備(質量控制) 令, 2020》，實施日期將於2021年11月11日生效。
Electrical Equipment (Quality Control) Order, 2020 Department of Heavy Industry released the official “Electrical Equipment (Quality Control) Order, 2020″ which is related to ” Low – Voltage switchgear and controlgear” products. The date of implment will be after 2021-11-11.
俄羅斯 – 無線通訊認證 – 將由新部門 (Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation) 管理。
Russia – FAC hands over activities to the new Ministry in November 2020, Decree No 719 was published by the Russian government with the intention to enhance governance in the field of digital development, communications and mass communications. All the activities which were carried out by the Federal Agency of Communications (FAC) now lie within the responsibility of the Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation.
According to the announcement, there will be a 6-month transition period and the ongoing projects in progress by FAC will be switched to this new Ministry.
IMDA Revised Technical Specifications for Cellular Equipment On 12th October 2020, Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) – released new security requirements for residential gateways.
The finalised Technical Specifications for Residential Gateways will come into effect in six months, on 13 April 2021. Home routers previously approved by IMDA can continue to be sold until 12 October 2021.
ANNEX Key Cybersecurity Requirements by IMDA
RRA update WiFi 6
RRA update WiFi 6 regulation on Oct 16, 2020. Below is update info.
TRC (Telecommunicates Regulatory Commission) of Sri Lanka updated Spectrum Allocation for Short Range Devices.
The following technologies and Bands are added to the list:
1. Ultra Wide Band (UWB) 6000.0 – 8500.0 (6-8.5GHz)
2. Short Range Radar 24050.0 – 24250.0 (24.05-24.25GHz) .
3. RFID 865 – 868MHz
TRC will now extend the certificate validity from 1 year to 3 years for the above mentioned technologies and new allowed bands.
TRC (Telecommunicates Regulatory Commission) of Sri Lanka published a new type approval regulation “Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment (RTTE ) Type Approval Rules, 2020″ which came into force on December 16th, 2020. With this new regulation the authority intends to define the process for Type Approval, ensure that RF equipment operates in accordance with the National Plan (NFAT), and without causing interference.
Among the new requirements,
RSM Amendment to the General User Radio License for Short Range Devices
On November 6th, 2020, also the New Zealand government has published through its official newspaper (the New Zealand Gazette) a new amendment to the General User Radio License for Short Range Devices.
The major changes made to the previous version (2019) are:
1.A new provision to permit the use of the frequency range 0.1485 – 30 MHz for wireless power transfer systems and induction loop systems used for the detection of foreign objections.
2.New provision to permit the use of frequency range 1785 – 1805 MHz for wireless microphone, in-ear monitors, or wireless audio transmitters.
3.Change on 5150 – 5350 MHz to implement WRC-19 Resolution 229. This change permits wireless LAN outdoor use and a power level up to 0 dBW (30 dBm or 1 W).
4.New provision to permit the use of the frequency range 13.553 – 13.567 MHz for RFID transmitters.
SASO計劃將SASO-IEC-60950-1和SASO-IEC-60065過渡 到SASO-IEC-62368-1。目前IEC 60950-1, IEC 60065, IEC
62368-1 都可接受，但自2021-07-01起只接受IEC 62368-1。
SASO has a plan of making a soft transition of SASO-IEC-60950-1 & SASO-IEC-60065 to SASO-IEC-62368-1. The SASO effective date of applying SASO-IEC-62368-1 will be on 2021-07-01 to be superseded and replaces SASO- IEC-60950-1 & SASO-IEC-60065.
SASO still applied IEC-60950-1 & IEC- 60065 as well as IEC- 62368-1 to get IECEE certification, but from 2021-07-01 the only standard will be accepted is IEC-62368-1: 2018.
UNITED ARABE MIRATES
The Telecommunications and Regulatory Authority TRA in United Arab Emirates have released a new version for Ultra Wide Band and Short Range Devices regulation. The TRA revised the regulation to current version 4.0. The regulation was released 21 December 2020 and is in force.
The document defines the requirements for compliance, that UWB and SRD products need to fulfill. Within the regulation release, it shows the allowed frequencies together with information about usage of product, transmission power, duty cycle, channel spacing and the standard reference.
越南MIC已正式發布國家技術法規和QCVN 54: 2020 / BTTTT、QCVN 74: 2020 / BTTTT、QCVN 112: 2020 / BTTTT。新的國家技術法規將於2021年7月1日生效。對於舊標準發行的證書，客戶必須在2021年7月1日之後重新測試並重新申請新標準下的型式認可證書。
Vietnam MIC has officially released National Technical Regulations and according Circulars for implementation of QCVN 54:2020/BTTTT, QCVN 74:2020/BTTTT, QCVN112:2020/BTTTT. The new National Technical Regulations shall enter in force from July 1, 2021.
For the certificates issued based on old standards, client have to re-test and re-apply for the type approval certificates under the new standards right after July 01, 2021.
In summary, the important changes include:
MRA labs need to apply for MIC MRA recognition according to the new standards in order to get test reports accepted by MIC Vietnam for the new standards.
Energy Efﬁciency Requirements
2019年12月17日，中國國家標準化管理委員會 (SAC) 發布關於洗碗機能量和水消耗的最低允許值的GB 38383-2019標準。該標準適用於使用熱水和/或冷水的洗碗機並於2021年1月1日生效。
GB 38383-2019 Minimum Allowable Values of Energy, Water Consumption and Efficiency Grades for Dishwashers, 2019.
On 17 December 2019, China Standardization Administration (SAC) published GB 38383-2019 on the minimum allowable values of energy and water consumption for dishwashers.
The standard applies to dishwashers using hot and/or cold water. It specifies terminology and definitions, limits values of energy consumption and water consumption, energy efficiency grades, water efficiency grades, noise emissions levels and testing methods.
This Standard will enter into force on 1 January 2021.
2019年12月31日，中國國家市場監督管理總局 (SAMR) 批准關於LED平板燈具的能效和能效等級的最低允許值的標準GB 38450-2019。該標準於2021年1月1日生效。
GB 38450-2019 Minimum Allowable Values of Energy Efficiency and Energy Efficiency Grades of LED Flat Panel Luminaires, 2019.
On 31 December 2019, the China State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR) approved standard GB 38450-2019 on the minimum allowable values of energy efficiency and energy efficiency grades of led flat panel luminaires.
This standard specifies the energy efficiency grades, energy efficiency limit values, and test methods of LED flat lights for general lighting. This standard applies to LED flat lights for general lighting with LED as light source, rated voltage 220V, frequency 50Hz, and thickness not exceeding 85mm, including LED light source and its control device, the thickness of external control device is not calculated in the thickness Inside. This standard does not apply to LED flat lights with energy-consuming non-illumination additional functions, LED flat lights with dimming/color adjustment functions, or LED flat lights with colors, patterns, or decorative parts on the continuous light-emitting surface.
This standard enters into force on 1 January 2021.
Minimum Energy Performance Standard and Inspection for Self-Ballasted LED Lamps, Notice No. 10804601210, 2019. On 21 March 2019, Taiwan’s Ministry of Economic Affairs published a Notice issuing new minimum energy performance standards and inspection methods for self-ballasted LED lamps.
The minimum energy performance standard applies to self- ballasted LED lamps within the scope of national standard CNS 15630 and others designated by BSMI. It does not apply to LED lamp with both rated and actual tested Color Rendering Index (CRI) above 95.
Minimum energy performance standards are set out in Annex. All LED lamps should be tested according to standard CNS 15630.
The Notice will enter into force on 1 January 2021.
墨西哥發佈商用冰箱NOM草案: PROY-NOM-022-ENER / SE- 2020
Draft NOM for Commercial Refrigerators
On December 23rd, 2020, it was published for public consultation the draft of the Official Mexican Standard PROY-NOM-022-ENER/SE-2020 that establishes the limits of maximum consumption of electrical energy per liter of useful refrigerated volume and the test method to verify its compliance, the safety requirements for the user and the test methods to determine its compliance, as well as the labeling and marking requirements. It applies to the new, used, and rebuilt Class I self-contained commercial refrigeration appliances. The public consultation period is for 60 days.
On December 19, 2020 Mexico published on the Federal Gazette the new CONUEE Catalogue that will be enforced in 60 days (around February 15th 2021. The new Catalogue reduces the number of products from 44 to 40 and also set clearer criteria about the application for approvals. It is established that for all the approvals that were already issued (and the ones that are in process), there is no need to apply for them again and they are still valid.
SASO已發布標準草案SASO 2663，其中介紹了空調的新要求-季節性能效比 (SEER)。
SASO has issued a draft standard SASO 2663 introducing the new requirements of Air Conditioners – Seasonable Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER).
The last date to submit public feedback will be in February 9th , 2021, then the draft standard will be finalized and accordingly the enforcement date will be announced.
其他 / 多主題產品
Others / Products with Multiple Subjects
Chile SEC six product category extension news:
PE N° 8/9:2019: 桌上型電腦及筆記型電腦的電源，原強制實施日期分兩個階段執行如下：
NSW has published a regulation require product (declared article) need to affix Authorized mark regardless RCM mark is affixed or not, in order to avoid troubles, please advise to provide a rating label affixed RCM mark together with Authorized mark.
由於新冠肺炎導致TISI審核員無法出國進行工廠檢查並影響TISI認證流程，因此TISI官員 (照明，電池，插頭，延長線組， 行動電源產品組) 在一定條件下接受指定檢查機構的工廠評估文件。
Due to Covid-19 pandemic which cause TISI auditor unable to travel oversea for factory inspection and impact on TISI certification process, TISI officer (lighting, battery, plug, extension cord set, power bank product group) accept factory document evaluation done by assigned Inspection Body with some conditions.
Validity of factory inspection report (document evaluation):
-The report can be used to obtain permanent TIS certificate.
-The report can be reused for new model application but the report will be invalid once TISI allows auditor to travel for factory inspection. After TISI can resume factory inspection, this report cannot be used for new application anymore.
If customer wants to make new application, they need to arrange factory inspection.
-The report cannot be used for TISI factory registration.
-Client will not get a copy of factory evaluation report as this is special report which will be kept by TISI officer.
Factory evaluation report will start only after sample test result is passed (to avoid if Covid-19 is over the factory evaluation report will be invalid).
Follow up from previous TISI QR code implementation news that TISI will require to display QR code in addition to TIS mark, now TISI has proposed to government cabinet via ministry of industrial to extend effective date of TISI QR code implementation for another 180 days. Government cabinet has already made decision to formally approve this extension of effective date as follows:
Government cabinet decision date: January 5, 2021 Previous effective date: January 21, 2021
New effective date: 180 days from previous effective date (July 20, 2021)
Original government cabinet news: https://www.thaigov.go.th/news/contents/details/38087
This is officially confirmed that TISI QR code effective date is extended as new effective date of July 20, 2021.
德國萊因 TÜV 是國際最大的認證機構之一， 我們強大的全球服務網路為客戶提供一站式全球市場准入服務。
為了幫助您掌握第一手資訊 , 了解各國最新認證要求 , 德國萊因 TÜV 每月將發布一期《國際市場准入資訊更新》 。
該內容均為德國萊因 TÜV 國際認證專家整理，版權所有， 轉載請註明出處， 否則視為侵權。為您，我們專心、專業 !
TÜV Rheinland is one of the largest international certification bodies in the world. Our strong global service network provides our customers with one-stop-shop global market access.
We are happy to announce our new “Market Access News Update,” which TÜV Rheinland will release every month. This update will allow our readers to gain awareness of and understand the latest certification requirements.
TÜV Rheinland has specific rights reserved; any use of an article must be referenced back to the Source. Otherwise, this shall be regarded as copyright infringement.