- These are the key points of the procedure:
- Type Approval is now Mandatory.
- Both CE RED and FCC documentation are accepted.
- Certificates are issued for Permanent.
- End products can use the module approval.
- Family Approval is also permitted.
- The applicant is the certificate holder.
- Receiver only devices require of Type Approval.
- There are no particular label requirements, both CE or FCC marks can be followed.
- When need to modify an existing certificate then must apply for a new one.
能源效率要求 Energy Efficiency Requirements
SEC于2021年5月25日公布Protocol PE N°1/05/2:2021，增加烤箱能效标签要求, 并且从2021年11月1日起强制执行。
- 微波炉 (IEC60705)
- 18kg以下便携式烹饪器具 (IEC 61817)
- IEC 60350-1第3.10中规定的小型烤箱
- 加热方式与IEC 60350-1第3.12至3.14条中规定不同的烤箱
- 根据IEC 60350-1第3.15段的规定，仅具有蒸汽功能的烤箱
SEC publised new Protocol PE N°1/05/2:2021 on 25th May 2021. The change is the addition of the labeling requirements, which will be mandatory from November 1st, 2021.
- Microwave ovens (IEC60705)
- Portable appliances for cooking, gratin, steam cooking and similar functions (IEC61817). Must be considered as portable oven those that its mass is less than 18 kg as long as the appliance is not designed for integrated installations.
- Function combined of microwave oven
- Oven with alternatives trays or turntable
- Little ovens according to the indicated in the clause 3.10 of IEC 60350-1
- Ovens without adjustable temperature control
- Heater functions different as the defined in the clauses 3.12 to 3.14 of IEC 60350-1
- Ovens that only have the steam function, according to the indicated in the clause 3.15 of IEC 60350-1.
其他 / 多主题产品 Others / Products with Multiple Subjects
2021年4月29日，巴西国家计量、标准化和工业质量研究所 (INMETRO/CONMETRO) 批准第194号协议，以巩固市场监督规则。第194号协议于2021年6月1日生效。
On 29 April 2021 Brazil’s National Institute of Metrology, Standardization and Industrial Quality (INMETRO/CONMETRO) approved Portaria No. 194 consolidating the rules on market surveillance.
The Portaria establishes procedures for market surveillance and obligations of suppliers of products, inputs, and services regulated by Inmetro referenced in Article 3, item IV of Law No. 9.933/1999.
According to Article 3 products, supplies and services regulated by Inmetro will be monitored in the national market through market surveillance actions, with suppliers subject to the application of the appropriate measures when irregularities or non-conformities are identified. Market surveillance should be understood as the set of measures and activities carried out by Inmetro to inspect and verify that products, inputs and services meet the requirements established in the technical legislation within the scope of its competence.
Per Article 4, certain information and compliance identification are mandatory. Objects subject to compulsory conformity assessment must bear Inmetro’s conformity identification seal or, when applicable, the labels referring to the Brazilian Labeling Program (PBE), with all the mandatory information clearly visible to the consumer at the sales point.
This label cannot be removed from the product or have its visualization obstructed by any other information attached by suppliers and, in the case of e-commerce, the image and information of the label must be on the supplier’s website, and other electronic means, in an easily visible place on the pages where the product specification is located.
- Suppliers have certain obligations in the event of non-compliance, as follows:
- inform Inmetro within forty-eight hours of learning that he has sold an object that offers a potential risk to the health and safety of the consumer and the environment;
- inform Inmetro, within ten days, of all corrective actions taken to remedy the identified risk;
- perform any other actions that Inmetro may consider appropriate to increase the effectiveness of those already adopted;
- observe the established procedure for recall provided by the current legislation where required.
Portaria No. 194 will enter into force on 1 June 2021.
[法规草案] 2021年5月7日，中国国家市场监督管理总局 (SAMR) 向世界贸易组织通报了制定电动自行车电气安全要求的国家标准。本标准适用于电池系统的最大输出电压小于或等于60V的电动自行车或电动助力自行车 (EPAC)。 电动自行车应符合GB 17761-2018和本文件的所有技术要求。自行车用铅酸电池组必须满足GB / T 32504-2017中的4.3、4.4、4.6、4.7、4.12和GB / T 22199.1-2017中的4.15的要求。锂离子电池组应符合GB / T 36972-2018中5.3的要求。 WTO通知的截止日期为2021年7月6日。
On 7 May 2021, the China State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR) notified the WTO of a national standard laying out the electrical safety requirements for electric bicycles.
This standard specifies electrical safety requirements and test methods for the identification, warning, wiring, wires, connections, voltage, insulation resistance, electrical strength, heat, protection, temperature and humidity resistance, vibration, and impact of electric bicycles.
This standard applies to electric bicycles or electrical power-assisted bicycles (EPACs) whose maximum output voltage of the battery system is less than or equal to 60V.
Electric bicycles should meet all the technical requirements of GB 17761-2018 and this document. Lead-acid battery packs for bicycles must meet the requirements of 4.3, 4.4, 4.6, 4.7, 4.12 in GB/T 32504-2017 and 4.15 in GB/T 22199.1-2017. Lithium-ion battery packs should meet the requirements of 5.3 in GB/T 36972-2018.
The WTO notification deadline is 6 July 2021.
South Korea 韩国
2021年5月12日，韩国技术标准局 (KATS) 发布对不符合安全标准的家用产品缺陷等级评定标准的修正案，于2021年5月12日生效。
On 12 May 2021, the South Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS) issued an amendment to the Criteria for Rating Defects in Household Products Not Conforming to Safety Standards.
The amendment was issued to reflect changes due to the enactment and amendment of safety standards for certain household products.
Specifically, the document changes non-conformity treatment standards with regard to the performance of electric boards including electric skateboards and electric kick boards among products subject to safety verification, by deleting batteries tests and adding the marking and safety report of batteries.
The amendment further improves treatment standards of sunglasses and eyeglass frames among products subject to safety standards, by classifying them into safety requirements and labeling items.
This Notice entered into force on 12 May 2021.
South Korea 韩国
[法规草案] 2021年5月12日，韩国技术标准局 (KATS) 发布了《电气设备和消费品安全控制法案》的修订草案。 发布该草案是为了确定有关模块化产品的规定，以作为监管沙盒的后续措施。
On 12 May 2021, the South Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS) issued a draft amendment to the Operation Bulletin of Electrical Appliances and Consumer Products Safety Control Act.
The draft was issued to establish provisions on modular products as the follow-up measures of the regulatory sandbox.
Specifically, the draft adds definitions of “module” and “modular products” in Article 2 as follows:
- modules are not individually electrical appliances subject to safety management, but they can be combined with modular products and change the detailed items subject to safety management;
- modular products can be combined with one or more modules, and detailed items subject to safety management can be changed through the addition and separation of modules at the place of consumption.
Among modular products, products that are combined at the place of consumption are regarded as the same models as products that are combined at the production place before release and obtained KC certification, and the detailed model classification, standards and detailed ranges that directly affect safety are applied.
Marking for detailed items that change when a module is added or separated must be indicated on each module. Furthermore, in order to avoid misunderstanding between the existing indications and the changed indications after the adding or separating of the modules, the existing indications should not be visible from the outside when the module is combined.
Interested parties are required to submit their comments to email@example.com before 1 June 2021.